When you cut past the designations that don’t really matter, I’m someone who gets paid to watch and write about sport. Doesn’t get much better than that. I write for the Guardian, Sunday Times and SA Cricket and have also contributed to The Wisden Cricketer, Inside Sport and The Times. That’s dessert though. The main course has always been Cricinfo, starting with my days at wisden.com and then going on to embrace the various stages of Cricinfo’s development. A special thank you to Sambit Bal, Tim de Lisle, Sean Ingle, James Major, Matthew Hancock, John Stern and Alex Butler, editors who have given me the freedom to write it as I see it.
- RT @WisdenIndia: Video: Future tense for West Indies cricket - @SpiceBoxofEarth & @shamyad discuss the ramifications of the BCCI move: http… 14 hours ago
- Many thanks to @KamranAbbasi for contributing to the @Impact_Index video on Inzamam. Killer quotes from Inzi too. youtube.com/watch?v=PPZrE3… 1 day ago
- On his 36th birthday, we look at Sehwag’s own sweet way | Blogs | Cricket Blogs, Opinions & Analysis | Wisden India wisdenindia.com/cricket-blog/s… 1 day ago
- When the going got tough, Inzamam-ul-Haq would invariably be there scrapping for Pakistan. @Impact_Index wisdenindia.com/impactindexcri… 1 day ago
- Wronged players or greedy mercenaries? WICB have hung the players out to dry, says Michael Holding | Wisden India wisdenindia.com/cricket-articl… 1 day ago