When you cut past the designations that don’t really matter, I’m someone who gets paid to watch and write about sport. Doesn’t get much better than that. I write for the Guardian, Sunday Times and SA Cricket and have also contributed to The Wisden Cricketer, Inside Sport and The Times. That’s dessert though. The main course has always been Cricinfo, starting with my days at wisden.com and then going on to embrace the various stages of Cricinfo’s development. A special thank you to Sambit Bal, Tim de Lisle, Sean Ingle, James Major, Matthew Hancock, John Stern and Alex Butler, editors who have given me the freedom to write it as I see it.
- RT @ItsIndiaCricket: Video: Speaking to @SpiceBoxofEarth, @the_topspin wonders why no Englishman could bowl as well as Bhuvneshwar: http://… 4 hours ago
- RT @WisdenIndia: Ali's wicket the game changer - @isaguha & @SpiceBoxofEarth discuss India's 95-run win vs England at Lord's: http://t.co/L… 14 hours ago
- RT @WisdenIndia: Emmy-award winning writer couldn’t have scripted it better - @SpiceBoxofEarth after Ishant helps India win at Lord's: http… 20 hours ago
- You just knew, didn't you, that the final dismissal would involve Jadeja and Anderson. No doubt who's had the better of that scrap. #EngvInd 21 hours ago
- RT @ajarrodkimber: In Cherokee Ishant means “one who is unlucky for years and then bounces out England at Lord’s”. 21 hours ago